The Kansas City Royales recently posted a job opening for the Community Affairs and Publicity Assistant position. For more information or to apply, please visit this website.
Position is responsible for administrative and clerical support functions of the Community Affairs and Publicity Department. Assists with the planning and execution of programs including donation requests, special events and fund-raising activities.
• Answer in-bound departmental calls and return phone messages
• Type, edit, copy and mail departmental correspondence
• Interact professionally with general public, associates and fans via telephone, email and fan mail
• Serve as department contact for fan feedback email inquiries.
• Assist in planning and execution of Community Relations, Publicity and Royals Charities programs and charity events
• Oversee scoreboard announcement program, marriage proposal program and Take Me Out to the Ballgame complimentary ticket program.
• Maintain effective record system to track ticket donations, items, and mailing lists
• Exercise judgment in interpreting instructions and prioritizing work to meet deadlines
• Provide overall support to the Community Relations, Royals Charities, and Publicity departments
• Other duties as assigned
• High School diploma or equivalent, plus a minimum of two years advanced education,
College degree preferred
• Strong time management, organizational and customer service skills
• Ability to work flexible hours, including weekends and evenings as needed
• Effective writing, telephone and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
• Ability to work independently, prioritize and handle multiple projects
• Detail oriented and able to work in high-pressure environment
• Experience in Marketing/Public Relations and/or general administration preferred
• Knowledge of baseball helpful