The Nashville Predators are looking for a media relations/publication intern as well as an intern for their team website for this summer. For more info or to apply, please check out this website.
Media Relations and Publications Internship
This intern assists in the compilation of statistical materials, helps maintain archives (clip files, photo files, etc), produces daily clip package, writes articles for publications and website, edits various media relations materials, assists in the coordination of game day activities (pre-game set-up, press box operation and post-game), and assists in daily media/public/corporate communication activities.
Web Site Internship
Ideal for a person with an interest in journalism. Responsibilities will fall strongly in the creation of written and video features for NashvillePredators.com, including conducting interviews with Predators players, coaches, and front office staff members. Candidate will be responsible to produce regular written features for the team website. Candidate will also be responsible to work with Community Relations and Youth & Amateur Hockey departments to produce written features on those departments’ events.
The following outlines the requirements for all of our internships:
1. All interns must be students at accredited colleges and universities
2. The internship must be a part of the student’s curriculum
3. The internship must provide earned hours that are directly applied to the student’s degree
4. Interns must work a minimum of 32 hours per week, per semester
5. During the hockey season interns must be available to work game nights
6. Interns must be high-energy, detail-oriented, team players
7. Internships do not provide compensation
8. Internships do not guarantee full-time positions with the Predators upon completion
How To Apply
If you are interested in an internship, please send a résumé and a cover letter indicating the department in which you are interested (opportunities listed below) as well as your dates of availability.
Please, no phone calls!
Ideal Candidates should possess the following skills:
- strong writing skills
- strong editing skills
- strong attention to details
- a basic working knowledge of html
- a comfort level conducting media interviews, including on-camera interviews for NashvillePredators.com
- basic Photoshop skills a plus