The Boston Bruins have communications internship openings for both the summer and fall. If you’re interested or want more information, please visit this link for the summer one and this link for the fall.
The Boston Bruins Communications Internship is a position that fulfills a variety of roles within the Bruins Communications Department. Interns will gain experience working in the Public Relations, Media Relations, and Communications aspects of the department. Essential duties are as follows:
- Compiling press clippings for distribution to Bruins management and coaching staff
- Compiling stat packets for distribution to Bruins management and coaching staff
- Authoring feature stories for the Boston Bruins website, bostonbruins.com
- Assisting in the gameday media operations for all Boston Bruins home games
- Coordinating interviews between members of the local and national media and Bruins players
- Transcribing coach and player interviews for distribution to local media
- Working with the Bruins Communications staff to create and develop pitches to publicize the Bruins players, staff and organization
- Assisting in the media operations of the NHL Draft including research of prospects and drafted players, coordinating interviews with drafted players, authoring biographies of drafted players and authoring feature stories on bostonbruins.com (Summer only)
- Assisting in the media operations of the Bruins Development Camp- a week-long camp for Bruins prospects and draft picks. This will include coordinating interviews with players and local/national media, authoring biographies of attendees, transcribing coach and player interviews after practices and authoring feature stories on bostonbruins.com (Summer only)
This is a writing-intensive position as prospective candidates will publish stories on the Boston Bruins website and should possess strong writing backgrounds. Candidates must be organized, responsible, punctual and have flexible schedules to work some nights and all Bruins home games during the time of the internship.
We accept resumes on a rolling basis. Please specify which internship you are applying for in your cover letter (spring, summer, fall). The schedule is as follows:
May-August (summer, application deadline 4/1)
September-December (fall, application deadline 8/1)
All Bruins Communications Internships are for college credit only and are unpaid.