The Pittsburgh Penguins recently posted some intership openings, including an internship in community relations. For more information and/or to apply, please visit this website. Some readers have left comments to these “Job Posting” blog posts thinking that I can help them get this position. I am in no way affiliated with the Penguins so I cannot assist you in trying to obtain this internship. I merely am blogging about this to make people interested in this field aware of the opening.
Job Purpose: Assist with public and community relations projects and appearances
Requirements: Intern must be a junior or senior in college and must take the internship for credit during the Summer 2009 semester. The internship is unpaid.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Assist with the coordination of team and alumni special events including the Alumni Annual Charity Golf Classic
- Assist with the department’s daily communications
- Assist with team mascot appearances
- Assist with team donation requests
- Write copy for www.pittsburghpenguins.com (i.e. media advisories, promos, features for team and alumni events)
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No: I have local housing available in Pittsburgh.
2. Yes/No: I am a current junior/senior enrolled in a college or university and I will receive college credit for this internship.