The Carolina Panthers are looking for a community relations intern this summer as well as an intern for the upcoming 2009 season. You can learn more about the postings at the respective websites here and here.
Responsibilities would include assisting the Community Relations department with:
• Pre-Season Game day operations
• Junior Training Camp (involves local & overnight travel)
• Writing articles for team publications (web, Gametime, & Roar)
• Attending player appearances
• Fan Packs and donation requests
• Fit Squad Kids Combine
• Coordinating and implementing various youth/prep football programs
• Other department duties as assigned
In addition, the Panthers are looking for a media relations intern for the upcoming season. To learn more or to apply, please visit this website.
Responsibilities would include:
• Coordinating player interview requests
• Transcribing coach and player conference calls
• Writing and distributing weekly releases
• Assisting with media credentials
• Updating team statistical information.
Training Camp is in Spartanburg, SC so intern would need to be able to occasionally travel between Charlotte and Spartanburg during Training Camp.