The Milwaukee Brewers recently posted an internship opening in the Community Relations department for this summer. For more information about the opening, please check out this website.
This position is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support to the Community Relations Department. The spring internship program begins in May with its conclusion correlating with the end of the semester and beginning of classes (August/September).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
• Assist with the preparation and execution of Community Relations projects and programs.
• Compile materials to be typed, following written or verbal instructions.
• Fulfill, package and ship donation requests
• Open, read and distribute incoming mail
• Screen incoming calls and respond as necessary
• Make phone calls to various organizations
• Maintain and input donations in the department’s internal database. (Access)
• Keep inventory of donation items
• Provide other administrative support to Community Relations staff as needed
• Strong communication, analytical, and organizational skills; and an ability to relate well with individuals of diverse backgrounds.
• Candidate must have good computer skills, including some proficiency and experience with Access, Excel, Publisher, Microsoft Word and Outlook.
• Candidates must be currently enrolled at an accredited college or university pursuing a Business Administration, Communications, Sports Marketing/Administration degree or course work related to Community Relations functions and must be able to earn credit for their work.
Candidates are expected to work a minimum of 3-4 days per week plus home games (as needed); average of 20-25 hours per week (more during home games as needed).
This is an unpaid internship. Interns may have the opportunity to receive college credits for the completion of this internship.