Here’s some information about a recent job opening with the Edmonton Oilers. They are looking for a Community & Fan Development Coordinator, which looks like a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking into community relations. For more info and to apply, please visit this website.
• Reports directly to the Manager, Community and Fan Development
• Community & Fan Development Coordinator is a full-time, benefited position
• The Community & Fan Development Coordinator is accountable for executing and administering various Community & Fan Development initiatives, along with Retail & Licensing initiatives, maintains excellent working relationships with internal and external constituents, including hockey operations, and serves as project manager for assigned departmental events. Works closely with the Manager and other staff to deliver departmental programs and initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate all Fan Development/Community Relations mail and donation requests; including minor hockey requests, non-charitable requests, personal requests, player appearance requests, etc.
• Coordinate 50/50 on non-Community Foundation game nights, (25 home games), including coordination of game night staff (three full-time and six part-time staff).
• Provide administrative support to the department by handling daily administrative functions, including
• In cooperation with the Hockey Operations department, coordinate player appearances, including hospital visits, Capital Ex, autograph sessions, Read-In-Week, etc.
• Foster and maintain excellent working relationships with internal and external customers, including Hockey Operations, Hockey Canada, Hockey Alberta, Minor Hockey, Ringette Alberta, etc., and serve as project manager for assigned departmental events.
• Assist the Manager in the development of Oilers Outreach programs, including creation, planning, execution and evaluation of programs and initiatives (i.e. Skills Competition, Training Camp, Alumni events, etc.).
• Coordinate internal signing dates and merchandise donations.
• Assist in NHL mandated Programs.
• Provide support for retail and licensing duties as assigned.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Lead 50/50 staff and volunteers on selected game nights
• Lead volunteers on site at various Community & Fan Development Events
• Strong event execution skills
• Superb written and oral communication abilities
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Excellent planning and project management abilities
• High level of poise and professionalism
• Ability to prioritize workload and solve problems quickly
• Results driven with ability to set and deliver on priorities
• Self motivated with the ability to work in a team environment
• Ability to work long or unpredictable hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays as needed
Education and Experience:
• 2-5 years related work experience in public/community relations
• Team player with excellent interpersonal skills & a positive attitude
• Must have a client focus and flexible work style
• Able to handle multiple tasks
• Strong computer skills including MS Work, MS Excel, Access
• A degree of diploma in community or public relations, communications or another related field would be an asset
• This position will be required to work 50% of the Edmonton Oilers home games; some weekend assignments may be required
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
• Must possess a valid Driver’s License
• This position requires access to a vehicle