The Edmonton Oilers hockey team is looking for a communications intern/assistant to start in August or beginning of September and work under contract with the organization for four months. If you want more information or would like to apply for the opening, please check out this website.
Reports directly to the Manager, Corporate Communications
• Communications Intern/Assistant is a full-time, four month contract (September 1st – December 18th) position that is recognized through an honourarium of $1050.00 monthly. A start date in August is possible if the candidate is available.
• The Communications Intern/Assistant position is responsible for supporting the Edmonton Oilers Hockey Club Corporate Communications initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Writing: game magazine articles, subscribed emails, web stories, targeted emails, press releases, media advisories, etc.
• Communication planning: supporting the communications planning for various organizational projects and managing the Corporate Communications Schedule.
• Media monitoring: monitor all Corporate Communications related (non-hockey operations) media coverage and track media impressions including report generation.
• Media List: maintains Edmonton Oilers non-sports media contacts list.
• Oilers Game Day: support in the preparation of game day communication pieces and media hosting.
• Research project: minimum of one research project related to student’s area of interest and the Edmonton Oilers business needs.
• Support Edmonton Oil Kings and Edmonton Capitals communications as required.
• Passionate about a career in the sports and entertainment industry
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Understanding and familiarity of NHL Hockey
• Expects highest quality performance from self and others
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to build relationships, work and contribute in a team based environment and deliver excellence in client service
• Ability to work long or unpredictable hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays as needed
Education and Experience:
• Student in the process of completing a post secondary public relations or communications program.