Homestead-Miami Speedway (Miami, FL) wants to hire a PR intern and it could be you. For more info or to apply, please visit this website. Good luck!
The Public Relations intern is responsible for assisting all phases of PR, media, community relations and publicity related to Homestead-Miami Speedway.
Key responsibilities include assisting in PR initiatives tied to the promotion and ticket sales of the Speedway’s major events, highlighted by: Ford Championship Weekend (Nov. 20-22), the Championship finales of the NASCAR Sprint Cup, Nationwide and Camping World Truck Series; and the NextEra Resources SpeedJam Championships Weekend (Oct. 9-10), featuring the Championship finale races of the IndyCar, Firestone Indy Lights and Grand-Am Rolex Sports Car Series.
The Public Relations Intern is responsible for assisting with media outreach and public awareness of all year-round track activities (more than 250 events annually).
Position assists with media relations and event management at Speedway through the management of the media center, press box, TV and radio broadcasts, as well as media-specific programs (press conferences, special events, etc.).
Specific Job Knowledge/Skills/Ability:
- Journalism: excellent writing skills; familiarity with AP Style (will be expected to author/assist with feature stories, press releases, website content and sales brochures)
- Highly organized, resourceful and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to work well with different personalities in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of motorsports (NASCAR, IndyCar, etc.), with a thirst to learn more
- Exceptional interpersonal and telephone skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel
- Exceptional guest and client service capabilities
- Available to work non-traditional hours in conjunction with events