To conclude SPRB’s Career Help 101 Series, I have rounded up 50 frequently asked interview questions (and some not-so-frequent) to help you prepare for your job interview. Thanks to the following websites for their great lists of interview questions, which I took these 50 questions from: Quintessential Careers, CNN, Bhuvana’s Blog, Tech Interviews, JobInterviewQuestions.com, Salt Lake Tribune, and CollegeGrad.com.
1. Tell me about yourself.
2. Describe yourself in three words. How would your friends describe you in three words? Co-workers? Family?
3. Why should I hire you?
4. According to your definition of success, how successful have you been so far?
5. If you had to live your life over again, what one thing would you change?
6. Describe your strengths and weaknesses.
7. Tell me about some of your recent goals and what you did to achieve them.
8. Why did you choose to attend your college?
9. What skills have you acquired from internships and part-time jobs?
10. What kind of salary are you looking for?
11. Describe some situations in which you have worked under pressure or met deadlines?
12. How has your education prepared you for your career?
13. What influenced you to choose this career?
14. Describe the last time that you undertook a project that demanded a lot of initiative.
15. How would you describe your leadership skills?
16. What was the toughest challenge you’ve ever faced?
17. Tell me about a time you had to handle multiple responsibilities. How did you organize the work you needed to do?
18. Tell me about some of your recent goals and what you did to achieve them.
19. What do you see yourself doing five years from now?
20. What do you know about our organization?
21. Who were your favorite professors? Why?
22. Please describe the ideal job for you following graduation.
23. What is the biggest mistake you’ve made?
24. Are you willing to travel? How much?
25. Is money important to you?
26. Give an example of how you applied knowledge from previous coursework to a project in another class.
27. What have you accomplished that shows your initiative and willingness to work?
28. What qualifications do you have that will make you successful in this company?
29. What motivates you to go the extra mile on a project or job?
30. Are you willing to relocate? In the future?
31. What are your short-term goals?
32. What is your long-range objective?
33. Would you rather work with information or with people?
34. When given an important assignment, how do you approach it?
35. Do you have any plans for further education?
36. Why did you leave your last job?
37. Tell me about the worst job you’ve ever had.
38. What have you done to improve your knowledge in the last year?
39. Do you know anyone that works for this company?
40. Do you have any questions for me?
41. Tell me about a time when you had to make a decision without all the information you needed. How did you handle it?
42. How do you prioritize projects and tasks when scheduling your time? Give me some examples.
43. What has been your biggest professional disappointment?
44. Tell me about the most fun you have had on the job.
45. Why do you think you are the best person for the job?
46. What kinds of things have you done on the job that were beyond expectations?
47. Describe some times when you were not very satisfied or pleased with your performance. What did you do about it?
48. What sorts of things have you done to become better qualified for your career?
49. How would you improve our company?
50. Describe a life-changing experience and how you grew from it.