The National Premier Soccer League is looking for a communications/PR intern and that could be you! Interested and meet the qualifications? You can e-mail Ryan Knapp your resume or to get more information at email@example.com. Thanks to Ryan for passing this opening along.
The National Premier Soccer League is currently looking for Communications/PR Interns to assist the Director of Public Relations as we promote the fastest growing soccer league in the United States. We are looking for creative individuals who are ready to get their hands dirty in the real world, work with real people/teams and develop real stories/angles for soccer clubs throughout the United States.
The main goal of the internship is to assist the Director of Public Relations in developing and implimenting a league wide public relations plan using a variety of sources (print, TV, Radio, internet), with a large focus on social media (Facebook, Twitter, Digg, MySpace, blogging). Some canidates may work with a specific club to develop their public relations plan specifically and then assist that club in implementation, while others may be work with the league as a whole, assisting in efforts centrally from the league.
All internships with the National Premier Soccer League will be 20 hours a week and are unpaid internships. However, there are no overhead costs for the internship as you will not be required to relocate. The experience you will gain working for the NPSL will be well worth the time put in and help to move your career to the next level. This internship is ideal for any candidate who is interested in pursuing a career in public relations, sports management, communications or in the sports industry in general. Dates and hours can be flexible to work around school and other existing commitments.
All interns would be ‘Virtual Interns’ and would be able to work from their present location. Weekly conference calls would be held with the Director of PR, the Director of Marketing and all interns to ensure we are all on the same page, as well as daily communication via email, phone, text and other media to answer questions and assist when necessary.
* Contribute to brainstorming, planning and implementation of communication and PR pieces.
* Writing press releases, website stories, and special interest pieces.
* Updating and maintaining the NPSL Facebook and MySpace pages.
*Updating and maintaining the NPSLInsider blog as well as Twitter accounts.
* Helping organize press conferences and other press appearances for the league, and for individual clubs
* Developing a rapport with reporters, bloggers and media outlets to ensure positive coverage of the NPSL
* Database management and some light administrative duties to include filing, copying and assisting with mass mailings.
*Background and experience in social media tools and how to utilize these tools to our advantage (i.e. tracking ROI on Twitter, using Digg to grow a blog presence, etc)
* Knowledge and Interest in the game of soccer or sports with a strong desire to work in a soccer environment.
*Experience blogging and understand blogging nuances (trackbacks, tagging, linking-out).
* Strong Verbal and written communication skills
* Detail oriented and enthusiastic about working within a sport-related environment
* Creative and outgoing self-starter
* Working knowledge of Excel and Microsoft office
* Background in communications, PR, writing or English is a plus.
Please contact Ryan Knapp, Director of Public Relations for more information, or to submit a resume: firstname.lastname@example.org