Want to intern in the Philadelphia 76ers PR department? Now is your chance as the staff is looking for five game-night interns for the upcoming season. For those interested, please check out this website to apply. Good luck!
Reports To: 76ers PR Staff
Number of Openings: Up to 5 students
Hours Required: Approximately six hours per game night worked, arriving three hours before game-time and ending approximately one hour after game ends. Schedules can be adjusted to meet needs of student’s internship program. Student should expect a maximum of approximately 120 hours. In spring semester, preference given to applicants with availability through the end of the NBA Finals, as late as the end of June.
- College juniors, seniors, or graduate students working for earned credits
- Strong computer skills preferred; ability to use Microsoft Word required
- Strong writing and verbal communication skills are required
- Assist Sixers Media Workroom, including postgame support
- Distribution of game credentials at Wachovia Center press entrance
- Assistance with press operations during games including the recording and transcribing of postgame press conferences
- Perform all other duties and responsibilities as assigned
Note: This position was originally posted on the Comcast-Spectacor employment site. To ensure that your application is considered for this position, please click here to apply for this job on the Comcast-Spectacor employment site. Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. YES or NO: Are you a college junior, senior, or grad student seeking an internship for credit?
2. YES or NO: Will you be flexible to work game-nights based on the 76ers schedule?
3. YES or NO: Do you have housing in or near the Philadelphia, PA area?