I’ve gotten behind on quite a bit of my biweekly readings so I wanted to quickly link to some of the stories I should have blogged about but didn’t have the time:
- Indiana University now has a National Sports Journalism Center. Their website has a collection of recent articles regarding sports journalism, which makes for a great read.
- Speaking of journalism, the Boston Globe wrote a piece about journalism majors and the prospect of finding a job in what they are trained to do. The paper also has a fascinating read about a training camp for future sport broadcasters.
- Mike Wise of the Washington Post has an interesting read about the Washington Capitals owner Ted Leonsis.
- Darren Rovell has the top ten selling sports books of 2009 up on Sports Biz.
- PR Week (UK) did a feature on the business of sport, particularly sports PR. The article dates back to July 22 so I’m a bit belated, but still wanted to share.
- Mike Schaffer spearheaded a National Sports PR Chat with the first one taking place on October 1. He is thinking of holding the next chat on October 15 so if you are on Twitter, here is where you want to go for more information. You can view a transcript of the first chat here.
- Sports PR 101 discusses how the NBA addressed the potential PR problems from an NBA referee lockout.