I am going to try and make this SPRB roundup a weekly occurrence on Fridays. It will be a place to share interesting articles and blog posts I’ve come across in the realm of sports business, PR and career tips. If you have any suggestions, please feel free to share in the comment section of this post.
- Gina Chen at Save The Media writes how the media should be using social media in its newsroom. Sally Falkow at The Proactive Report took that thought a step further, emphasizing how this relates to PR professionals.
- A Chicago Tribune blog says the USOC’s recently hired CCO is a good move for the organization.
- Journalistics offers up quick tips for PR and marketing professionals who want to improve their writing. The blog also asks what your personal PR plan is. How well are you promoting yourself?
- Along that line, Rachel Esterline points out ways to manage your image online.
- A Reuters blog notes that most NHL teams have frozen their ticket prices this season.
- Fang’s Bites wraps up the news surrounding the Steve Phillips scandal, which had been dealt with internally at ESPN before becoming public news courtesy of Deadspin. He also has ESPN’s statement on the matter.
- The Detroit News details the reasons why the Detroit Shock (WNBA) franchise is moving to Tulsa.
- Drew Kerr at PR Rock and Roll wonders if reporters actually read quotes in press releases.
- Richard Edelman asks if making comments to articles or blog posts online is an appropriate forum for PR.
- CNN points out eight different ways you can create a digital business card.
- Culpwrit provides links to 100 great posts to help jump-start your job search.