The Detroit Pistons are looking to hire a Community Relations Assistant. Do you have the necessary experience? If so, please apply by visiting this website. As someone who does CR for a different team, I must say it is a very rewarding position because you get to personally make a positive difference in the lives of so many people in your community. Good luck!
The Detroit Pistons and Palace Sports and Entertainment are looking for a Community Relations Assistant. This position will support community relations efforts for Palace Sports and Entertainment properties counting The Detroit Pistons (NBA), DTE Energy Music Theatre, and Meadow Brook Music Festival on the campus of Oakland University.
RESPONSIBILITIES TO INCLUDE, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE FOLLOWING:
· Assist with all primary programming and events, including planning and execution · Assist with fulfilling player ticket section requirements
· Assist with on-court presentations
· Point-person for in-kind donation program, including maintaining database of all items, drafting responses, communicating with community ambassadors, and fulfilling requests
· Oversee distribution of charitable ticket donations, sponsor & family show tickets
· Develop and maintain partnerships with non-profit and local organizations
· Manage and track all donations to Pistons-Palace Foundation, including auctions, jumbotron, sponsorship and miscellaneous (in conjunction with accounting)
· Assist within all aspects of in-arena auction program, including on-line auction fundraiser
· Responsible for creation of CR Annual Report and assistance with in-arena CR branding
· Assist with communications efforts, including securing media publicity
· Contribute to community relations in support of ticket sales efforts
· Support CR Staff with training and supervising of interns, streamlining responsibilities appropriately including research assignments, website copy, incoming foundation calls, special projects, and miscellaneous
1. Prior Community Relations / Public Relations experience with a professional sport team and a college degree is preferred.
2. Candidates must be able to work extended hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays as required.
3. Candidates must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs.
4. Must be able to work with confidential and sensitive information.
5. Candidates must be able to receive direction and requests from multiple sources and effectively prioritize their work.
6. Candidates must be able to effectively motivate and work with others inside or outside their department
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have any Community Relations or non-profit experience in the sports and entertainment field? If so, please give examples of experience.
2. How many years of Community Relations or non-profit experience do you have?
3. Do you have any experience in the Public Relations field in the sports and entertainment industry? If so, please give examples of your experience.
4. How many years of Public Relations experience do you have?