The St. Louis Cardinals posted a job opening for their Media Relations Specialist position. If you are interested, visit this website to apply. Please note that I have no connection with the St. Louis Cardinals — I’m just merely passing this job posting along to the SPRB readers. Good luck!
Summary of Job Responsibilities: The Media Relations Specialist fulfills the duties of Front Office liaison between the Club and players and local, national and world media outlets. This includes controlling media access to management, coaching staff and players. The Specialist writes press releases and game notes; conducts historical research ensuring accuracy when disseminating information representing the club and it members.
- Bachelors Degree in Sports Management, Journalism, Communications or related field
- 2-5 years of experience working with sports entity at NCAA, Minor or Major League level
- Proven ability to work within tight deadlines producing accurate and quality work product
- Proven ability to coordinate and manage multiple tasks
- Availability to travel extensively and work up to 14 hour days/162 games days a season (March-September)
- Outstanding written and oral skills
- Professional demeanor and ability to work with people from different cultures
Essential Physical Requirements:
- Regular attendance required
- Ability to work 25%-30% of time outdoors in various climates and in any weather conditions
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, often outdoors
- Ability to lift at least 30 lbs at waist level (can carry luggage when traveling)
This is a full-time exempt position with benefits. Salary will be based on experience.
The St. Louis Cardinals, LLC are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Do you have experience in sports industry?
2. Do you have sports media experience?