It’s time for another edition of our Sports PR Weekly Roundup in which SPRB points out interesting articles and blog posts about sports business, public relations, career tips, personal improvement and writing tips — basically anything someone in sports PR may find interesting and useful. Did I miss something? Share with us by leaving a comment!
- The Baltimore Sun covers how the Baltimore Ravens handle media training with their players.
- The Sports Commentary takes a look at bad PR from BP to Derek Jeter.
- White Sox Interactive writes about the White Sox and media since the 1950s.
- With the recent developments of the allegations of Brett Favre, plenty of blogs/media outlets have chimed in: USA Today, IndyStar.com, Sports Networker, The Sports Commentary, The Huddle, Seattle Times, Deadspin, Huffington Post, and Forbes.
- National Football Post discusses the impact a big Monday Night Football game can have on a player’s career.
- Communications Conversations lists eight blogger outreach no-nos to avoid at all costs.
- PR Buzz asked an interesting question: “Did the LPGA violate civil rights by prohibiting transgenders from playing on Tour?” And then asks how the LPGA should respond from a PR angle.
- Journalistics discusses why PR pros should use the inverted pyramid when it comes to writing press releases.
- MediaShift shows how data visualization can drive home a point/story.
- Mark Coddington argues as to why sports has taken the lead in newsroom innovation.
- Fresh Influence lists five social media lessons brands can learn from baseball.
- PR Geek Speak pulls some PR lessons from Showtime’s show, Dexter.
- PR Rock and Roll believes that Facebook handled the release of The Social Network quite well through PR.
- Entry Level Living starts off this post by saying that she has never met someone who loved their entry level job. While I disagree with that statement as I have an entry level position and love it, I do get what she is getting at with her post. She then points out benefits that come with an entry level job as well as ways to get the most out of the position.
- Dumb Little Man provides seven steps to avoid burnout for those of us like me who are overworking.
- PickTheBrain lists 10 amazing success lessons from former NBA star Michael Jordan.
- Work Awesome gives some ideas of how to tackle e-mail if you start feeling overwhelmed just opening your inbox.
- Quips & Tips for Achieving Your Goals provides a step-by-step look on how to achieve your work goals.
- Altitude Branding notes four steps of the super productive.
Writing & Blogging
- Copyblogger gives seven tips for an authentic and productive writing process.
- Pushing Social provides 29 no-brainer tips for quick blogging success.
- ProBlogger offers some blogging tips from pro triathletes.