The Edmonton Oilers are looking to hire a paid communications intern for a four-month stint (January – April). Interested and have the right qualifications? Check out this website to apply. Please note that I am not posting this on behalf of the Oilers — I’m just merely passing this job posting along to the SPRB readers. Good luck!
Reports directly to the Manager, Corporate Communications
• The Communications Internship is a full-time, four month contract (January– April, 2011) that is recognized through an internship honorarium of $1050.00 per month.
• The Communications Intern position is responsible for supporting the Edmonton Oilers Hockey Club Corporate Communications initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Writing: game magazine articles, subscribed emails, web stories, targeted emails, press releases, media advisories, etc.
• Communication planning: supporting the communications planning for various organizational projects and managing the Corporate Communications Schedule.
• Media monitoring: monitor all Corporate Communications related (non-hockey operations) media coverage and track media impressions including report generation.
• Media List: maintains Edmonton Oilers non-sports media contacts list.
• Oilers Game Day: support in the preparation of game day communication pieces and media hosting.
• Research project: minimum of one research project related to student’s area of interest and the Edmonton Oilers business needs.
• Support Edmonton Oil Kings and Edmonton Capitals communications as required.
• Passionate about a career in the sports and entertainment industry
• Excellent writing and editing skills
• Understanding and familiarity of NHL Hockey
• Expects highest quality performance from self and others
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Ability to build relationships, work and contribute in a team based environment and deliver excellence in client service
• Ability to work long or unpredictable hours on weekdays, weekends and holidays as needed
Education and Experience:
• Student in the process of completing a post secondary public relations or communications program.
• Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office