The Ultimate Fighting Championship needs a 2011 spring intern. If you think you fit the bill (see below) and want to be part of this fast growing sport, head to this website to apply. Please note that I have no connection with the UFC — I’m just merely passing this job posting along to the SPRB readers. Good luck!
Just like the way our fighters prepare with their training partners to be their very best, here at the Ultimate Fighting Championship we encourage that type of teamwork. A UFC employee, like a mixed martial artist, is well-rounded and willing to put in the time necessary to be world-class. With an office full of champion workers, the UFC has fought relentlessly to break into the sports world with undeniable success – But the fight isn’t over yet. So if you would like to watch the sport you love grow right in front of your own eyes because of your hard work, then come join a great team and become part of a sports revolution.
This program offers the intern the opportunity to become directly involved in the Public Relations activities that are part of the daily operations of the department. We strive to make this a challenging and interesting experience for you and make every effort to tailor it to the specific skills and projects that you would like to pursue and build on. This department contributes to the organization through promotion of UFC and WEC products.
We are currently seeking an intern for our Public Relations deparment for the Spring 2011 semester. This internship will work closely with the Publicists.
Through this opportunity, you will learn entry level public relations, and will have the opportunity to learn and observe the activities that go into promoting the company, its events, and the fighters that participate in the events. You will receive exposure to all facets of public relations, including press releases, special events, creative brainstorming, and media contact.
Daily activities will include the following:
• Researching writers
• Assisting with maintenance of the media database
• Coordinating schedules for fighters in conjunction with events
• Drafting press releases
• Coordinating interviews for events
• Preparing requisitions
• Assisting with drafting media pitches
• Assisting with daily news tracking, compilation and distribution
We are seeking candidates that are:
• Public Relations, Journalism, English or Communications majors
• Very proficient in Microsoft Word
• Proficient in writing and editing copy
• Have the ability to create compelling, unique stories and ideas
• Is comfortable in meetings and calls with high profile people and media entities
• Has excellent communications and organization skills
• Ability to maintain discretion and confidential information
• Team player
• Willing to learn and grow
• Must be enrolled in an academic program that is relevant to public relations activities
• Junior, Senior or Graduate student preferred
• Must receive academic credit for internship
• Must be able to work a minimum of 20 hours per week if also attending school or 30 hours per week if not currently attending classes.
• Must be able to work a minimum of 1 semester.
This is an unpaid internship and does not provide housing, relocation or transportation assistance.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
1. Yes/No: If selected for this opportunity, will you receive academic credit?
2. Yes/No: Do you understand that this is an unpaid internship that is in Las Vegas and that no housing, relocation or transportation assistance is available?
3. What level are you in your academic program (junior, senior, graduate student)?
4. What do you want to learn from this experience?
5. What is your career goal upon completion of your degree? What type of position do you hope to attain upon graduation?
6. What experience and skills have you gained through classes and work that will help you in this position?