If you’re still in college or just recently graduated in December and want to intern in the Atlanta area, there is an opening for you! The Atlanta Falcons are looking to hire a Community Relations Seasonal Intern to work to correspond with the university calendar or August – December 2010.
If the top candidate is a student, they will receive credit for their efforts. If the top candidate has already graduated, they will make minimum wage during the internship. Interested? Apply “by mailing a hard copy resume, cover letter, and 3 references to Kendyl Moss, Director of Community Relations; Atlanta Falcons, 4400 Falcon Parkway, Flowery Branch, GA 30542.” All applications must be received via the mail by May 15, 2010. Good luck!
The Atlanta Falcons have a seasonal internship opening with first-priority to current students seeking course credit and second priority to those who have already completed their degrees that have an interest in the community relations function of a professional sports team. The Community Relations Internship provides support to the Community Relations Department, through assisted coordination of designated community, player and youth football.
The Seattle Storm (WNBA) are searching for a Director of Communications. If you have the experience and the interest in the position, please apply at this website. Good luck!
The Seattle Storm is currently seeking an individual for the position of Director of Communications. This position is responsible for overseeing all media relations and communications functions, including online media.
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers need to hire a PR Training Camp Assistant. If you have what it takes and are available to work training camp, please apply at this website. Good luck!
Training Camp Assistants work within the Public Relations department for the duration of Training Camp in Tampa from late July through late August.
Assistants will act as a liaison between local, national and international media and members of the organization. Responsibilities include conducting daily content analysis of the organization among local and national media sources, coordinating post-practice interviews, transcription of press conferences and player availability, researching statistical information, assisting with media guide and yearbook production and serves as liaison to NFL Network. Writing experience recommended.
The Detroit Pistons are looking to hire a Community Relations Assistant. Do you have the necessary experience? If so, please apply by visiting this website. As someone who does CR for a different team, I must say it is a very rewarding position because you get to personally make a positive difference in the lives of so many people in your community. Good luck!
The Detroit Pistons and Palace Sports and Entertainment are looking for a Community Relations Assistant. This position will support community relations efforts for Palace Sports and Entertainment properties counting The Detroit Pistons (NBA), DTE Energy Music Theatre, and Meadow Brook Music Festival on the campus of Oakland University.
The Portland Timbers, which is an MLS expansion franchise set to kick off in 2011, is looking to hire its Digital Media Director/Editor in Chief. Do you have a passion for soccer and the necessary qualifications and work experiences? If so, apply by clicking on this link. Good luck!
The Portland Timbers were awarded a Major League Soccer expansion franchise in March 2009. As the league’s 18th team, the Timbers will begin MLS play in 2011 in a renovated, approximately 20,000 seat stadium in downtown Portland.
The Portland Timbers are currently part of the United Soccer League and will continue play in their existing form through the 2010 season. The Timbers have established a significant soccer tradition in the Rose City, which dates to the early 1970s when the Timbers competed in the NASL soccer league.
We are seeking bright, goal oriented, driven, organized, talented individuals to join our staff of seasoned industry professionals. We are offering a dynamic, challenging, fun learning environment, an opportunity to work with a Major League sports organization and a beautiful community to call home.
The Arizona Diamondbacks are searching for a Communications Assistant. If you are interested and have what they are looking for, apply at this website. Good luck!
Provide support to the Vice President, Communications and assist media in covering the Arizona Diamondbacks
Primary (Essential) Duties:
1. Serve as an Assistant to Vice President, Communications and organize daily Outlook calendar and contacts
2. Complete daily tasks assigned by Vice President, Communications
3. Manage Spring Training and regular season daily media credential process from creation to distribution
4. Manage work schedule for departmental interns
5. Ability to keep an updated media contact list for Communications department
6. Organize all ticket and autograph requests submitted to Communications department
7. Assist Vice President, Communications with logistics regarding special events for the organization
8. Ability to be assigned special projects by Vice President, Communications
9. Assist Vice President, Communications in submitting invoices to Accounting
Have loads of experience and want to work with one of the most well-known brand in the sports industry? If so, check to make sure you meet the qualifications included below. If the position still sounds like a match, follow this link to apply. Please note that I have no affiliation with MSG and cannot help you get this position. I just wanted to make my readers aware of the opportunity. Good luck!
Vice President Publicity will develop and execute broad-based proactive publicity programs that elevate the visibility of the Knicks, Rangers and Liberty, while supporting priority areas of the business, including ticket sales efforts, brand positioning, partnership programs, community initiatives and athlete exposure. Develops quantifiable public relations plans for each team that outline aggressive media targets which focus on non-sports media community, local and national television, feature reporters, gossip, news and lifestyle. Develop publicity strategies that utilize non-player assets as tools for extending the visibility of the brands, including the Knicks City Dancers and community involvement. Secure off-sports page publicity for Garden of Dreams initiatives that provide positive exposure for the charity, team and its personnel. Major component of job is management of celebrity relationships in relation to the teams, including establishment and expansion of a wide range of celebrity contacts that benefit the company. Manage junior staff to enhance their publicity skills and manage their involvement in local publicity efforts.
The Los Angeles Sparks are looking to hire a seasonal Communications Coordinator for April through December this year. If you’re interested and meet the qualifications listed below, you will want to check out this website. Please note that I have no affiliation with the Sparks and cannot help you get this position. Good luck!
The seasonal Communications Coordinator will assist in the general coordination of Los Angeles Sparks public and community relations activities specifically including web content production and story pitching to various media outlets, but not limited to publication production, writing and editing of press releases and special events coordination and promotions. Other duties include assisting with scheduling of player/coach interviews and media requests, communicating effectively with members of the media, creating and updating gamenotes and maintaining upcoming milestone database.
FC Dallas (MLS) and Pizza Hut Park need to hire a Media Services Manager to handle game day media responsibilities and community relations activities in the PR department. If you qualify and would like to apply, please visit this website. Good luck!
FC Dallas and Pizza Hut Park are looking for a Media Services Manager to join the Communications & Public Relations department. The Media Services manager will report to the Director of Communications & Public Relations.
- Managing FC Dallas Game Day Media (includes game notes, press box set up, credential process)
- Assisting media with statistical questions and player interview requests
- Write Press Releases and Develop story lines
- Point person for community relations and foundation announcements
- Manage press operations and announcements for stadium and park events
- Oversee coverage of FCD Youth system and games at PHP
- Provide stories and content for FCD.com and FCD Blog
- Serve as liaison to other MLS Teams and MLS Communications
- Manage and oversee a small group of interns
- Oversee photo department to include assigning photographers to events, managing photo archive and assisting departments and media with photo needs.
- Assisting on publications and communications
- Some travel to games or events may be involved
Want to make a difference in the Milwaukee community and love basketball? If so, you may want to apply for an opening with the Milwaukee Bucks as a Community Relations Assistant. If you’re interested and meet the requirements listed below, please click on this link to apply. Good luck!
Assist Director in developing and managing Community Relation initiatives and programs; provide administrative support to Director
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer, document and fulfill charitable ticket programs with non-profit agencies and organizations. Maintain relationships with these organizations and record keeping of tickets distributed, provide tax information and monitor inventory.
- Establish activity log and annual summary of Community Relations activity with Director.
- Log and process incoming mail, donation and special requests.
- Assist Director in scheduling Milwaukee Bucks player and coaches public appearances, assist in administration of appearance when necessary. Coordinate calendar with basketball operations.
- Coordinate with League office NBA community relations programs. Assist in maintaining League relationship.
- Represent the organization when required at various speaking engagements and events.
- Oversee and coordinate autograph sessions including inventory requirements.
- Attend all home games, assume game responsibilities; coordinate activities with sponsor and group ticket sales departments.