Accidents are an unlucky actuality of NFL life, however everybody who follows the league — fantasy soccer gamers, sports activities bettors, and followers of groups — needs the newest well being info. In that vein, we’re monitoring each NFL harm forward of Week 3.
Let’s assessment the harm report for each sport on the NFL’s Week 3 schedule. Keep in mind, you may all the time keep up-to-date on the newest harm buzz across the league with PFN’s NFL and Fantasy News Tracker.
NFL Week 3 Damage Tracker
New York Giants at San Francisco 49ers (TNF)
- Giants: RB Saquon Barkley, OUT (ankle); WR Wan’Dale Robinson (knee), QUESTIONABLE; OT Andrew Thomas (hamstring), OUT; OL Ben Bredeson (concussion), OUT; EDGE Azeez Ojulari, OUT (hamstring); LB Micah McFadden (neck), QUESTIONABLE
- 49ers: WR Brandon Aiyuk, QUESTIONABLE (shoulder); CB Ambry Thomas, QUESTIONABLE (knee)
Though Giants head coach Brian Daboll held out hope Barkley may play on Thursday after happening with a sprained ankle in Week 2, the four-day turnaround all the time made Barkley’s return unlikely. Matt Breida is his direct backup, however Gary Brightwell and fifth-round rookie Eric Grey may additionally see snaps in opposition to San Francisco.
Thomas is arguably simply as vital a loss as Barkley, particularly on condition that the Giants are dealing with the 49ers’ elite defensive entrance. He’ll probably get replaced at left sort out by Joshua Ezeudu, who allowed one sack when filling in for Thomas final week.
Aiyuk couldn’t play a full complement of Week 3 snaps after struggling a shoulder harm, and he’s now dealing with a brief turnaround with the 49ers enjoying on Thursday night time. He was restricted on Wednesday, and San Francisco common supervisor John Lynch labeled Aiyuk a game-time decision for TNF.
Indianapolis Colts at Baltimore Ravens
- Colts: QB Anthony Richardson (concussion); C Ryan Kelly (concussion); G Quenton Nelson (toe); DT Grover Stewart (foot); CB Kenny Moore (knee)
- Ravens: RB Justice Hill (toe); WR Odell Beckham Jr. (ankle); WR Devin Duvernay (shoulder); OT Ronnie Stanley (knee); C Tyler Linderbaum (ankle); EDGE Odafe Oweh (ankle); EDGE Jadeveon Clowney (unspecified); CB Marlon Humphrey (foot); S Marcus Williams (pectoral)
Neither Richardson nor Kelly will follow on Wednesday, per Colts head coach Shane Steichen. Richardson scored two dashing touchdowns earlier than going down on Sunday — he’ll get replaced by Gardner Minshew if he can’t play. Wesley French would step in at heart if Kelly is sidelined in opposition to the Ravens. Nelson was lively final week however was watching Wednesday’s practice while barefoot.
As is turning into the norm, the Ravens have a prolonged harm report. Eight of the 9 gamers listed above have been unable to follow on Wednesday (Duvernay was restricted).
Ravens RB Justice Hill wasn’t training in the present day. Would possibly’ve been banged up Sunday.
However Kenyan Drake (37) was. He’s again on the follow squad. pic.twitter.com/tLmKUVp5SM
— Jonas Shaffer (@jonas_shaffer) September 20, 2023
Hill has a toe injury and could possibly be in peril of lacking Week 3, however he’s not coping with a long-term concern. The Ravens added Kenyan Drake to their follow squad on Wednesday, signaling Hill could possibly be combating a well being concern.
Beckham isn’t anticipated to overlook time after suffering an ankle injury final week, however he didn’t follow on Wednesday. Stanley, Linderbaum, Humphrey, and Williams have been sidelined for Week 2.
Tennessee Titans at Cleveland Browns
- Titans: RB Derrick Henry (toe); G Peter Skoronski (stomach); DT Teair Tart (knee); EDGE Denico Autry (foot); EDGE Harold Landry (hamstring); LB Luke Gifford (quad); CB Anthony Kendall (hip)
- Browns: WR Amari Cooper (groin/shoulder); OT Jedrick Wills (shoulder); DT Siaki Ika (foot); LB Anthony Walker (pectoral); LB Sione Takitaki (shoulder); EDGE Za’Darius Smith (ankle/thigh); CB Greg Newsome (elbow); S Juan Thornhill (calf)
Skoronski, the Titans’ first-round choose in April, couldn’t play in Week 2 after present process an appendectomy. On Wednesday, head coach Mike Vrabel stated he doesn’t anticipate the rookie being available in Week 3. Xavier Newman began in Skoronski’s place final week.
Henry was a restricted participant on Wednesday and ought to be advantageous for Week 3. Skoronski, Gifford, Kendall, and Tart have been the one Titans to not follow in the present day.
The Browns obtained banged up in a brutal Monday night time sport in opposition to the Steelers, which cost them Nick Chubb. Cooper didn’t endure a identified harm in Week 2, so he could also be receiving relaxation. Smith and Newsome went down on Monday however ultimately returned to the sport.
Atlanta Falcons at Detroit Lions
- Falcons: TBD
- Lions: RB David Montgomery (thigh); WR Amon-Ra St. Brown (toe); WR Josh Reynolds (groin); OT Taylor Decker (ankle), G Halapoulivaati Vaitai (knee); CB Emmanuel Moseley (knee/hamstring); S Kerby Joseph (hip)
Montgomery went down with a thigh injury in Week 2 and didn’t follow on Wednesday. If he can’t play in opposition to the Falcons, first-round rookie Jahmyr Gibb would tackle a way more vital function, whereas Craig Reynolds and Zonovan Knight may additionally combine in.
St. Brown was out and in of Detroit’s lineup in Week 3 whereas dealing with cramping, and he’s not training on Wednesday as a result of a toe harm. Lions head coach Dan Campbell referred to as him day-to-day. It goes with out saying that dropping ASRB can be an incredible blow to Detroit’s probabilities in opposition to Atlanta on Sunday.
As if probably dropping Montgomery and St. Brown wasn’t sufficient, the Lions is also with out two beginning offensive linemen in Decker and Vaitai. Decker already missed Week 2, and he and Vaitai is perhaps sidelined on Sunday.
New Orleans Saints at Inexperienced Bay Packers
- Saints: RB Jamaal Williams (hamstring); TE Foster Moreau (ankle); TE Taysom Hill (knee)
- Packers: RB Aaron Jones (hamstring); WR Christian Watson (hamstring); OT David Bakhtiari (knee); G Elgton Jenkins (MCL sprain); EDGE Rashan Gary (knee); EDGE Lukas Van Ness (elbow)
Williams didn’t follow on Wednesday and is predicted to overlook time after suffering a hamstring injury in Week 3. Happily, third-round rookie RB Kendre Miller — who hasn’t performed in 2023 because of his personal hamstring concern — practiced absolutely on Wednesday and seems able to make his NFL debut on Sunday.
In Inexperienced Bay, Jones didn’t take part in Wednesday’s follow after lacking Week 2. However Watson, who hasn’t performed but this season, was capable of swimsuit up in the present day, a constructive signal for his Sunday availability.
Aaron Jones warmed up with staff inside with a helmet on, however he didn’t come outdoors for the beginning of follow open to reporters.
Christian Watson is training.
David Bakhtiari and Elgton Jenkins usually are not. All people else on the 53 is.
Right here’s Watson: pic.twitter.com/WYeHUEDypJ
— Matt Schneidman (@mattschneidman) September 20, 2023
Bakhtiari skilled swelling in his knee earlier than Inexperienced Bay’s Week 2 and was compelled to sit down, as Matt LaFleur defined earlier this week. Opposite to hypothesis, Bakhtiari would have been inactive whether or not the Packers performed on turf or grass final week. Jenkins is predicted to overlook time, however Inexperienced Bay hasn’t but positioned him on injured reserve.
Houston Texans at Jacksonville Jaguars
- Texans: QB C.J. Stroud (shoulder); WR Tank Dell (thigh); OT Laremy Tunsil (knee); OT George Fant (ankle/knee); EDGE Jonathan Greenard (knee); LB Denzel Perryman (hand/wrist); CB Tavierre Thomas (hand); S Jimmie Ward (hip); S Jalen Pitre (chest); S Eric Murray (concussion)
- Jaguars: WR Zay Jones (knee); EDGE Josh Allen (shoulder); DT Folorunso Fatukasi (shoulder); S Andrew Wingard (shoulder); S Antonio Johnson (hamstring)
Whereas the Texans have a prolonged harm report, it’s troublesome to get a deal with on who will truly play on Sunday. Perryman, Pitre, and Thomas have been the one Houston gamers to not get in at the least a restricted follow on Wednesday.
Stroud was a late addition to the Texans’ injury report final week, however he took each offensive snap for Houston on Sunday regardless of coping with a shoulder concern. The rookie signal-caller stated he expects to be 100% for Week 3 and was closely concerned in Wednesday’s follow.
Jones didn’t follow for the Jaguars on Wednesday after suffering a knee injury in Week 3, however head coach Doug Pederson labeled the veteran wideout day-to-day. If Zay Jones sits in opposition to the Texans on Sunday, Tim Jones can be the following man up in Jacksonville’s WR corps.
Denver Broncos at Miami Dolphins
- Broncos: TBD
- Dolphins: RB Salvon Ahmed (groin); WR Jaylen Waddle (concussion)
Waddle continues to be recovering from the top harm he suffered on Sunday night time. He received’t follow on Wednesday, nor will Ahmed, who’s working his approach again from a groin harm.
Terron Armstead will follow in the present day. Additionally, right here’s Mike McDaniel on Jaylen Waddle and Jaelan Phillips. pic.twitter.com/XIbG24bO9E
— Adam Beasley (@AdamHBeasley) September 20, 2023
Los Angeles Chargers at Minnesota Vikings
- Chargers: RB Austin Ekeler (ankle)
- Vikings: C Garrett Bradbury (again); EDGE Marcus Davenport (ankle); LB Jordan Hicks (leg); S Josh Metellus (shoulder)
Ekeler’s ankle harm compelled him to sit down out Week 2, and he’s already trending within the mistaken course for Week 3. He was on the follow area Wednesday however did not participate in team drills. If Ekeler is sidelined once more, Joshua Kelley ought to see one other full complement of snaps as his substitute.
New England Patriots at New York Jets
- Patriots: WR DeVante Parker (knee); OT Trent Brown (concussion); G Mike Onwenu (ankle); G Cole Unusual (knee); G Sidy Sow (concussion); DT Christan Barmore (knee); CB Jonathan Jones (ankle) CB Marcus Jones (shoulder)
- Jets: RB Breece Corridor (knee); OT Duane Brown (shoulder, hip); OT Mekhi Becton (knee); EDGE John Franklin-Myers (hip); LB Quincy Williams (knee); CB Michael Carter II (elbow); S Tony Adams (hamstring); Ok Greg Zuerlein (groin)
Brown, Sow, and Jonathan Jones all missed Week 2 with accidents. Marcus Jones, who injured his shoulder in opposition to the Dolphins on Sunday night time, was the one Patriot to not follow on Wednesday. Each different injured New England participant obtained in at the least a restricted session.
The Jets have a prolonged harm report, however a number of gamers — together with Corridor, Brown, and Becton — acquired ample relaxation earlier than enjoying final week. That’s probably New York’s plan for Week 3, as nicely.
Williams, Carter, and Adams all picked up accidents within the Jets’ Week 2 loss to the Cowboys, however head coach Robert Saleh doesn’t seem overly concerned that any of them might be sidelined on Sunday.
Buffalo Payments at Washington Commanders
- Payments: TE Dawson Knox (again); EDGE Leonard Floyd (ankle); DT Jordan Phillips (sickness); LB Terrel Bernard (leg); S Micah Hyde (hamstring)
- Commanders: TE Logan Thomas (concussion); DT Daron Payne (ankle); DB Jartavius Martin (concussion)
Bernard might be a restricted participant on Wednesday, however none of Buffalo’s different injured gamers will follow in the present day, per Payments head coach Sean McDermott. Thursday and Friday’s follow studies will make clear whether or not Knox, Flord, Phillips, and Hyde are in peril of lacking Week 3.
In Washington, Thomas didn’t follow on Wednesday after suffering a concussion in Week 2. If he can’t play in opposition to the Payments, fellow tight ends John Bates and Cole Turner can be set for elevated utilization. Payne briefly left Sunday’s sport with an ankle harm however later re-entered the competition.
Carolina Panthers at Seattle Seahawks
- Panthers: QB Bryce Young (ankle); RB Miles Sanders (knee); EDGE Brian Burns (ankle); EDGE Justin Houston (calf); EDGE Amare Barno (thigh); LB Chandler Wooten (knee)
- Seahawks: TBD
The Panthers solely held a walkthrough on Wednesday, so their follow report is an estimation. However Younger, who had his ankle checked out after Week 2, did not participate in the walkthrough. Carolina head coach Frank Reich is not sure of Younger’s standing for Sunday.
Panthers coach Frank Reich on Bryce Younger ankle harm. pic.twitter.com/PZyFnBbTDZ
— David Newton (@DNewtonespn) September 20, 2023
If Younger can’t swimsuit up in opposition to the Seahawks, veteran Andy Dalton would take over underneath heart. The Panthers additionally signed Jake Luton — who was with the membership this summer time — to their follow squad on Tuesday. He’d be elevated to Carolina’s 53-man roster if Younger is inactive.
Dallas Cowboys at Arizona Cardinals
- Cowboys: WR Brandin Cooks (knee); OT Tyler Smith (hamstring); G Zack Martin (ankle); G Chuma Edoga (elbow); S Donovan Wilson (calf); S Jayron Kearse (sickness)
- Cardinals: DT Leki Fotu (shoulder); DT Carlos Watkins (biceps); LB Josh Woods (ankle)
The Cardinals have a comparatively clear harm report heading into their Week 3 sport in opposition to the Cowboys. Woods and Watkins didn’t follow Wednesday, however Watkins is predicted to be positioned on injured reserve after present process surgical procedure this week.
In Dallas, Cooks, Smith, Edoga, and Wilson all practiced on Wednesday, whereas Martin was= with the Cowboys’ rehab group, head coach Mike McCarthy said Wednesday. Cooks, Smith, and Wilson missed Sunday’s sport in opposition to the Jets, whereas Edoga left early.
Chicago Bears at Kansas Metropolis Chiefs
- Bears: WR Darnell Mooney (knee); C Lucas Patrick (sickness); CB Josh Blackwell (hamstring); S Eddie Jackson (foot)
- Chiefs: RB Isiah Pacheco (hamstring); WR Kadarius Toney (toe); WR Richie James (MCL); LB Nick Bolton (ankle); LB Willie Homosexual (quad)
Mooney’s knee concern compelled him to depart the Bears’ Week 2 sport, but it surely’s not believed to be a severe concern. Jackson’s foot harm is extra of a query mark, and the veteran security didn’t follow on Wednesday.
Not one of the Chiefs’ injured gamers will practice on Wednesday, though Bolton and Homosexual participated in a walkthrough session.
Pacheco handled hand and labrum points all through the summer time, however his hamstring harm is new. If he’s compelled to sit down out Week 3, Jerick McKinnon and Clyde Edwards-Helaire would probably type a working again committee in opposition to the Bears.
Pittsburgh Steelers at Las Vegas Raiders (SNF)
- Steelers: TBD
- Raiders: TBD
Philadelphia Eagles at Tampa Bay Buccaneers (MNF)
- Eagles: TBD
- Buccaneers: TBD